The most exciting Mini and Junior Club in Hertfordshire
Welcome to the new home for Old Albanian JRFC, here on www.oasport.com.
Every Sunday morning in the season more than 850 Minis and Juniors; who stretch as far as the eye can see; turn out with their parents and coaches. Many trophies have been won at county level at all age groups, which also includes a successful colts side.
Training takes place for boys and girls on Sundays from 10am. New players are welcome in most age groups, please see the contact details for Mini and Juniors.
In addition, girls aged between 11 and 17 are welcome to join and play on Sunday afternoons, please see the OA Saints section.
Latest OAJRFC news – View All >>
- OA Under 11s win Tring Festival - May 1, 2013
- OA Under 9s win the Tring Festival - April 29, 2013
- OA under 7s enjoy great success at Cambridge Festival - April 29, 2013
- Saracens Summer Rugby Camp @ OAs - April 29, 2013
- U13 A team win Amersham & Chiltern 10′s Festival – 21/4 - April 25, 2013
- U13 C team v Hertford B team – Match Report 21/4 - April 24, 2013
- OA Under 8s enjoy great day at Herts Tag Festival - April 24, 2013
- OA Lions Under 9s win the Ipswich Festival - April 23, 2013
- Old Albanian Colts are Hertfordshire Champions - April 17, 2013
- U13 B/C team v Brentwood B team – Match Report 7/4 - April 10, 2013
- Membership Forms
- Mini and Junior Contact Details
- Directions to Woollams
- Herts County Youth Cup & Plate 2013
- Minis Fixtures
- Pitch plan for the 2012/13 season
- Club Shop
- Sunday Organisation Rota
Last year we introduced a new age group ‘Rugby Rats’ catering for children aged 3 or 4. The age group was a resounding success and resulted in 60 children being registered with several on the waiting list at the end of the season.
OAJRFC Minis’s – Shaping the game
This season starts following huge success by all mini age groups in the Herts festival at the end of last season, with all winning at least one competition in their age groups!
Herts RFU are joining the ‘Shaping the Game’ trial for the final year of the trial. New rules will be compulsory from September 2013 and therefore the decision was voted for by all clubs that it should be adopted this year. This will impact U9’s and below as the rules, pitches and squad sizes will change.
All age groups above U9’s will remain on the Continuum rules and therefore be unaffected.
If you have any queries or would like to know more about this, please look on the RFU website under ‘Shaping the Game’.
OAs junior section (u13 – u17) is looking forward to the new season after another record breaking year. This season we have entered a total of 13 teams in the Herts/Middlesex Leagues over the 5 age groups. Full details are available in the sidebar, and at http://www.hertsmiddxleagues.co.uk/.
Details for the Herts County Youth Cup and Plate are also now available.
Richard Walker, Minis Chairman
Ian Tomlins, Junior Chairman