Latest Colts News
- Colts – U17’s reach National Plate Final - April 10, 2017
- Colts into the Semi-Finals of the National Cup - March 24, 2017
- Quarter Final of National Colts Cup - March 15, 2017
- Exciting times for OA Colts - March 8, 2017
- OA Colts through to Quarter Finals of National Colts Cup - March 5, 2017
- Returning Students Festival - December 15, 2016
- OA Colts through to 5th round of National Cup - December 14, 2016
- National Colts Cup – Sunday 11th December - December 7, 2016
- OA Colts through to 4th round of National Cup - November 14, 2016
- OA Colts beat Cambridge to go through to 3rd round of National Cup - October 10, 2016
- OA Colts bow out of National Cup - February 21, 2016
- OA Colts through to last 16 of National Cup - February 1, 2016
- OA Colts with much to look forward to in second half of the season - December 20, 2015
- OA Colts continue good form in November - November 30, 2015
- OA Colts through to 3rd round of National Colts Cup - November 6, 2015
- Colts Travel To Lille - October 21, 2015
Ethos & Objectives
The Old Albanian Colts, encompassing both the u17 & u18 age groups, is a long term commitment to develop young players and make them feel part of the broader Old Albanian Rugby Football Club. In particular we will:
- Provide all players with an equal opportunity to play, to develop and to enjoy themselves. This is equally true whether they want to enjoy a social game of rugby with their mates, or whether they want to develop their rugby to play at the highest level they possibly can.
- Provide a controlled and sustainable pathway for Colts players to have the opportunity to play for OA’s senior teams at the most appropriate level, if and when they wish to do so.
- Provide a more consistent coaching approach and philosophy.
- Strengthen the day-to-day links between the Colts and Seniors.
In order to ensure we provide appropriate playing opportunities for all players, whatever their aspirations and ability, we will run four teams:
- u18A – will compete in the Herts Middlesex u18 Division One, the Herts Cup, the LV Cup, and the National Colts Cup.
- u18B – will compete in Herts Middlesex u18 Division Two, and the Herts Shield.
- u17A – will compete in the Herts Middlesex u17 Division One, the Herts Cup, and the National u17 Cup.
- u17B – will compete in the Herts Middlesex Division Two, and the Herts Shield.
All Colts are invited to attend pre-season training with the senior sides. This runs every Tuesday & Thursday from 7.30pm to 9.00pm.
During the season, the Colts train every Thursday from 7.00pm to 8.30pm. On Sunday mornings when there is no match, we train from 10.00am to 11.30am.
In keeping with our stated ethos, we are inclusive club and we welcome all new players of whatever standard or experience. We have welcomed to our club in recent times county standard new players, as well as players who have never played rugby before. There is room for all players and we will ensure that all players are equally valued.
OA Colts Officers
|U18 Coach||Conor Ringland||07796 email@example.com|
|u18 Coach||Mark Jarman||07970 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|U18 Administration||Simon Atkinson||07785 email@example.com|
|U17 Coach||Ashley Walsh||tba||tba|
|U17 Administration||Nick Downes||07962 firstname.lastname@example.org|